- Altar Decorations are just like fresh flowers – keep refrigerated until ready to arrange. DO NOT OPEN THE PLASTIC BAGS UNTIL READY TO USE. Three (3) hours prior to arranging the decorations, cut the stems of the Altar Décor at a 45 degree diagonal just above the bottom end of the stem and place in ICE WATER to make the leaves open and achieve their maximum beauty.
- To help the Altar Décor leaves stay beautiful after arranging, keep the stems in water to maintain their green and fresh appearance
Short & Long Palm Strips
- To keep the palm strips fresh, do NOT open the plastic bags until you are ready to hand the palms out to the congregation.
- Keep sealed bags of palms in a cool area. A florist, restaurant or convenience store may have a large refrigerated space you can store the palms in until Palm Sunday.
Keep Cool - 45-50 Degrees - Do Not Freeze
- Check the contents of the box to make sure the order is correct.
- People who are not refrigerating their palms should open each box and take three or four UNOPENED plastic bags of palms out of the box. When the palms are enclosed in plastic and packed in a box, heat may begin to build up in the box between the plastic bags. Any perishable plant material will begin to break-down if there is heat present.
- By taking several bags out of each box, you allow the air to circulate more freely around the plastic bags left in the box which keeps the palms cooler and fresher.
- Brownish tips on the leaves are a natural characteristic since drying begins even before the leaf matures.